Who’s Minding the Store? — A Report Card on Retailer Actions to Eliminate Toxic Chemicals is the second annual evaluation of the safer chemicals programs of thirty of the largest retailers in the United States.
Our investigation found that during the past year a number of major retailers have continued to make significant progress, but the majority of retailers we evaluated remain serious laggards. The nation’s biggest retailers must continue to expand and accelerate their policies and programs, given the growing amount of scientific evidence demonstrating the urgent public health crisis posed by hazardous chemicals.
- Mike Schade is the Mind the Store Campaign Director of Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families
- Mike Belliveau is the Executive Director of the Environmental Health Strategy Center and a Senior Advisor to Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families
- Jen Dickman is the Program Associate of Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families
- Bobbi Chase Wilding is the Deputy Director of Clean & Healthy NY
- Patrick MacRoy is the Deputy Director of the Environmental Health Strategy Center
- Steve Taylor is the Campaigns Manager for Coming Clean and the Campaign for Healthier Solutions
Design and Illustration:
We deeply appreciate the support of our coalition partners in the Mind the Store campaign, the Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families coalition, Environmental Health Strategy Center, and Safer States. Special thanks to the Campaign for Healthier Solutions and Getting Ready for Baby campaigns for their partnership on the 2017 report card.